Perrywood is located in walking distance of a historic address that has been home to Prince George’s County families for over two hundred years. The historic “Manor House” owned by the Brooke family, a large family of landowners, is listed in Maryland’s Illustrated Inventory of Historic sites and Districts, with building dates back to circa 1840 and remodeling in the mid-1900s. The 5-part country home, on Manor House Road, has 6 beds, 6 baths and over 5,000 sq. ft. of land which the Brooke Family primarily used for farming. This home now sits in the community landlocked by Perrywood, named Perrywood Manor and is accessible by inter-connected walking trails throughout the community.
Over 20 years ago, the developers of Perrywood, were inspired by the beloved Brooke Family’s close-knit structure and their meticulously restored Georgian/Colonial styled home; which reflects in the overall community plan. After careful design, thoughtful arrangement and family reference, there were three clear goals in mind that the developers wanted Perrywood to embody: